Affordable Housing & Supportive Services for Individuals and Families in Need
Irvington Woods Apartments offers 71 one- and two-bedroom apartments and supportive services to individuals and families who have experienced homelessness or are at risk of homelessness. The supportive services provided through our Resident Services (RS) Program are voluntary and are designed to help residents achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
When a resident moves into the complex, they are invited to participate in the RS program. During orientation, an assessment is given to each household to help identify their needs and barriers to their long-term success. Based on the assessment, onsite staff provide the household services and referrals to partnering agencies and organizations within the community. The primary goals of the RS program is to help residents remain housed and enhance their quality of life.
Housing amenities include central heating & air, full kitchen, one- or two-bedroom apartment, bathroom, washer & dryers in each apartment, and an onsite service coordinator.
- Resident must be on the Housing Authority of Baltimore City (HABC) waiting list
- Must pass a credit and background check by HABC and Property Management
- Complete income and tax credit certification annually with Property Management
- Case management
- Financial literacy/computer classes
- Resume writing
- Job search
- Life skills training
- Youth mentoring after school program
- Tenant-Landlord mediation
- Eviction prevention
- Individual advocacy
- Benefits assistance
- Holiday activities
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program (PRP) services
- Service referrals for healthcare benefits, GED classes, vocational training, substance use recovery and mental health treatment
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 9 AM – 5 PM (Office Hours)
Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM (Resident Advocate)