Affordable Housing & Supportive Service for Families in Need
Pratt House offers 35 one- and two-bedroom apartments and supportive services to families who have experienced homelessness or are at risk of homelessness. The supportive services provided through our Resident Services (RS) Program are voluntary and are designed to help residents achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
When a resident moves into the complex, they are invited to participate in the RS program. During orientation, an assessment is given to each household to help identify their needs and barriers to their long-term success. Based on the assessment, onsite staff provide the household services and referrals to partnering agencies and organizations within the community. The primary goals of the RS program is to help residents remain housed and enhance their quality of life.
Housing amenities include central heating & air, full kitchen, one- or two-bedroom apartment, bathroom, washer & dryers in each apartment, and an onsite service coordinator.
- Resident must be on the Housing Authority of Baltimore City (HABC) waiting list
- Must pass a credit and background check by HABC and Property Management
- Complete income and tax credit certification annually with Property Management
- Resume writing
- Financial literacy groups
- Parenting/family strengthening classes
- Women’s health programs
- Cooking and nutrition classes
- Yoga classes
- Church/bible study
- Summer food program (youth)
- Afterschool/homework club
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program (PRP) services
- In-house therapy for both individuals and families not participating in PRP
- Service referrals for healthcare benefits, GED classes, vocational training, substance use recovery and mental health treatment
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 9 AM – 5 PM