State of Florida “No Patient Left Alone Act”
Volunteers of America National Services Florida communities’ visitation policies adhere to the State of Florida No Patient Left Alone Act where required. Affected agencies include nursing home facilities and assisted living facilities. The policy includes:
- Infection control and education
- Visitation includes:
- End-of-life situations.
- A resident who was living with family before being admitted to the provider’s care is struggling with the change in environment and lack of in-person family support.
- The resident is making one or more major medical decisions.
- A resident is experiencing emotional distress or grieving the loss of a friend or family member who recently died.
- A resident needs cueing or encouragement to eat or drink which was previously provided by a family member or caregiver.
- A resident who used to talk and interact with others is seldom speaking.
- Personal protective equipment
For more information on “No Patient Left Alone Act” click here.
For the Volunteers of America National Services Visitation Policy,click here.
For questions, contact our Executive Director at at email@example.com