Food to eat. A friend to care.
Research proves that when older adults have the right support, they gain greater quality of life, need fewer hospital stays and live longer.*
With each nutritious meal we serve or deliver – and every moment we spend socializing with older persons in our program – we help Senior CommUnity Meals participants cope with three of the biggest threats of aging: hunger, isolation and loss of independence.
Volunteers of America Senior CommUnity Meals staff and volunteer team members are specially trained, and are always ready to help people in our program feel welcome, cared for and cherished.
Call today! We’ll help you learn how to participate in Senior CommUnity Meals, or how to become a volunteer team member.
Source: *Meals on Wheels of America
- Homebound delivery for older adults who qualify
- Nutritious, heart healthy meals, including diabetic option
- Friendly, dedicated and compassionate staff and volunteers
- Assistance with registration and understanding eligibility requirements
- Senior Community Meals grab and go meal pick up at five community locations
- Volunteer opportunities with delivery program
- Socialization with other older adults at meal pick up sites