Healing within the comfort of your own home can help speed your recovery. Skilled nursing visits from Stanley Jones and Associates nurses, rehab therapists and home health aides offer a range of health care and personal services. Examples of typical client needs during visits include:
- Wound care
- Medication management
- Diabetic education and management
- Recovery from illness or injury
When you return home from the hospital, you may need additional assistance and education to regain safety and independence. Our rehab therapists will assess your ability to function in your home. They’ll provide you with recommendations and training to maximize your ability to perform daily functions.
- Physical therapists evaluate daily activities—transferring from one location to another (e.g., from bed to wheelchair), walking and stair training—with a focus on safety, mobility, balance and endurance.
- Progressive strengthening, balance and fall prevention strategies are provided.
- Occupational therapists assess self-care skills such as dressing, bathing and eating, as well as more complex tasks such as meal preparation, light housekeeping and adaptive self-care techniques.
- Speech therapists assess and treat speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice, swallowing, fluency and other related disorders, and
- Speech, language and swallowing disorders are treated.
- Additional assistance and teaching may be needed to regain safety and independence following a hospitalization. Our therapists will assess your ability to function safely and independently in your home and provide recommendations and training to maximize your ability to perform your daily activities.
Home Health Aides
Working under the supervision of a registered nurse or rehabilitation therapist, home health aides deliver personal care and home health services. Home health aides meet State of Minnesota standards through certification and training. Examples of home health aide assistance include:
- Personal care, including bathing, grooming, oral hygiene, shaving, hair/skin/nail care and dressing
- Stand-by assistance with walking, transfers or a home exercise program set up by a therapist.